Who wants to help?
God can use you—and so can we! If you would like to become more involved in our ministry here at King of Kings, we’ve got all kinds of ways you can—both within the church and out in the community. Here are just a few opportunities:
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR SALE@CHURCH. We’re planning a rummage-type neighborhood sale for Saturday August 26, and need to stock our shelves. You’re invited to participate by donating household, yard and garage items such as: linens; lamps; small appliances; tools; glassware; books; collectables; dishes; pots & pans; jewelry; antique; quilts; baked items; jams & jellies. (PLEASE, no electronics, clothing, large or heavy furniture or appliances.) We ask that the items you donate be clean, and in useable condition. Drop-off days are August 22-24. Volunteers will also be needed for pricing, set-up, sale day, and clean-up. Contact Margi Knebel or Judy Hove if you can help.
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO GET INVOLVED:
- ALTAR GUILD—Help with the care of the altar and its furnishings and linens, and prepare it for communion.
- CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS—Teach a lesson, lead an activity, help us plan and grow our Children’s and Family Ministry.
- CHOIRS—Join the Chancel or Bell Choir and contribute music to our Sunday worship.
- COFFEE HOUR HOSTS—Join our Hospitality Ministry, and provide coffee and treats that say, “Welcome, stick around and share!
- COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING—Can you write? Are your good at social media? Do you like to take pictures? We can use your help in getting the word out about King of Kings.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE—At King of Kings, we actively support local charities, including Brother Benno’s, Stand Up for Kids and Solutions for Change. Join us in service to those in need.
- GREETERS—Be the first welcoming face that members and visitors see when they arrive at church.
- KING’S PLAYERS THEATER MINISTRY—Act, sing dance, make costumes, build sets, assist with sound and lighting. Onstage or off, if you’re interested in being involved in high-quality, non-professional theater in the North San Diego County area, we encourage you to be part of our troupe.
- LECTORS—Read the Scriptures during Sunday worship.
- MAINTENANCE—Bring your skills and your elbow grease and help us with carpentry, gardening, odd jobs and property clean-up. There’s always something to do.
- VISITATION TEAM—Take prayers and Holy Communion to the home-bound.
- WORSHIP ASSISTANT—Serve alongside the Pastor during worship, offering prayers and serving Holy Communion.
- USHERS—Extend a friendly welcome, distribute bulletins, gather the offering and guide worshippers forward during Communion.
There’s more…call the church and let us know how you can help.