A CARING MINISTRY OF KING OF KINGS.
The Piecemakers make quilts as a caring ministry of King of Kings. Quilts are given to Lutheran World Relief, the women’s shelter in Oceanside, and a few are sold throughout the year.
A baby quilt is given to each child at the time of their Baptism as well as to high school graduates.
Here’s the process:
- the fabric is cut into squares
- assembled into colorful patterns and sewn together for the quilt tops
- layered with batting
- given a backing, often a donated sheet
- tied at the square’s corners with yarn,
- and then the whole quilt is stitched with a decorative edge
We can always use more help, so join us on Thursday mornings from 9:00 AM until noon, and bring a sack lunch if you want to stay for a fellowship time.
Your donations of time, money and clean like-new sheets is greatly appreciated!